Thursday, December 2, 2010

Writing on iPads and iPods

We have been writing our stories on the notepad app. When we are finished we email them to each other and to our class computers so we can share our writing.
We hope you enjoy these stories.
Our Sleepover by Anatia
On the weekend me and Te Manu went to Nicky's house.
We went to the beach and had a swim.
On Sunday we went back to Bea and Dave's house.
While Bea was in hospital getting her operation me and Ella gave her some flowers. When we went swimming Bren forgot to bring the clothes and the towels.
Sent from my iPad
Eel by Reuben
Once upon a time there was an eel. He was lonely. He went to a big fish.
"Are you scared of me?"
"No, I am not scared of you," said the fish.
Then they were friends and the eel was not lonely any more.
Sent from my iPad
The Weekend by Cody
This weekend I am going to the beach. We are going to have a swim. We are going there because it will be a hot day. We are going to have a picnic.
Christmas by Jared
I can't wait until Christmas. I might get a remote control helicopter and a nerf gun. I hope I get them and heaps more presents. It is only 25 more days until Christmas. The nerd gun is a machine nerd gun. The nerd gun cost $40. The remote control helicopter cost $50.
Sent from my iPad
Christmas by Bridie
I can not wait until Christmas because all my family is coming to my house. On New Years I am going to Kawau.
Last year I got a Barbie doll and a skipping rope from Santa.
I wish for another zhu zhu pet. I have a zhu zhu pet and it is called Roxie. Roxie is a cool toy hamster.
I love Christmas.
It is the 1st of December so it is 24 days until Christmas.
Sent from my iPad
Today I brought some coloured stones into school for news. Santana

2 comments:

  1. Hi guys. I have just read your great writing. You are using lots of lovely details and interesting words in your stories. We are using iPod Touches at our school too, and our kids email each other their writing also. Keep up the great work! Have you seen our blog page? ahuroarm1.blogspot.com

    Theressa Butler
    Ahuroa School

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Anatia,
    I like the funny detail you added about forgetting the clothes and towel - this makes your writing more interesting to read.
    I would have liked to have known what you did about it.

    Dear Reuben,
    I liked the idea of your story, an eel going from lonely to having a friend. Stories often have a message like yours does e.g. making friends.
    I would have liked to have known more about how the eel felt before he asked the big fish, scared? Courageous?

    Dear Cody,
    I liked that you included WHERE you are going, WHY you are going and WHAT you will be doing.
    I would like to have known how you felt about it. For example, were you excited?

    Dear Jared,
    You included lots of interesting detail in your writing.
    I would have liked to have known what sort of games you will play or tricks you will learn with the new toys.

    Dear Bridie,
    I like the way you wrote what you got last Christmas and what you are hoping for this Christmas, these details mean I can compare if you like the same of different things as last year.
    I would like to know what a zhu zhu pet and what it does. How is it different from a real pet? I've never heard of them before!

    Dear Santana,
    I like the way you added the word coloured before stones, this gives me more information about the type of stones you brought in.
    I would like to know, where you got them from and why they are so special that you brought them in to share.

    Thanks for putting up your writing on your blog, I enjoyed reading it. It must have been fun using the ipads - you sure are lucky!

    I look forward to reading more of your writing another day.
    Sarah (Teacher, NZ)

    ReplyDelete